Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another side of self-absorption

What does James 3:13-16 say about selfish ambition? I agree when Beth said that our culturally indoctrinated brains need a fresh washing by the Word.

"Who is wise and understanding among you?
Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.
But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition i your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.
Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil
For where you have envy an selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice."
James 3:13-16


We think we want to be one top, whether socially, professionally, athletically, or ministerially. Yet nothing breeds more insecurity. The World says, "seek Position!" The Word say, "seek God"

I want to give my entire life to the pursuit of God.
I know that everything else of value will find me.
I want a head-on collision with calling, a sense of purpose, satisfaction.
I have been chosen, by the God of all creation for a life worth living.
I will never feel inferior again!

No comments:

Post a Comment