Friday, June 5, 2009

The heart of loyalty

Based on your own understanding, how would you define loyalty?
Loyalty:
–noun, plural -ties.
1. the state or quality of being loyal; faithfulness to commitments or obligations.
2. faithful adherence to a sovereign, government, leader, cause, etc.
3. an example or instance of faithfulness, adherence, or the like: a man with fierce loyalties.


**devoted attachment to something or someone**

The original Hebrew word: "to be firm, be established, be steadfast, be faithful, be sure, be reliable, be fixed, be certain: to be ready, be prepared; to be determined"
..the part of the definition that spoke fresh truth to me was the element of preparation.
This is not something that I am suddenly at the flash-moment of testing. It's something I already am at the surface In the test. The question has already been answered. I simply act upon it.
God has never let me down!!
He will do it again and again..
I need to stand in that word and stand in faith.
I know where my loyalty stands with Christ.
Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment