Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Not just a tale of two kings

What are some parallels between ancient Babylon and the western culture that seek to hold us captive?
* Ah, two weeks ago I would have never dreamed that there were any parallels between the two but after a closer look there are.
Like Beth coined in her session The "Babylon Motto" could easily be "I am and there is none beside me."
Give me your beautiful, your smart and your young.
It's a daily fight to be smarter, more enchanting with our beauty as we struggle to fight to hold on to our youthful appearance.
Honestly, there are days when these world views seem to be winning.
Just turn on the t.v. and you are bombarded with messages that your not eating the right food, wearing the right clothes and your appearance..well, they can fix that too!
We are surrounded with over indulgence of choice and are self absorbed.
Trust me...saying that out loud is just as harsh as it is to read.
But it's true.
I am called to be set apart from the world...

"Oh Ancient of Days, reveal yourself and your son to me, powerfully, majestically and personally.
Grant me "the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that I may know him better" (Eph. 1:17)

You have trusted in your wickedness and have said, "No one sees me.'
Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you when you say to yourself,"I am, and there is none beside me."
Isaiah 47:10

God is serious when he say's "I'm not kidding".
God is faithful to keep His word even when it's a warning..

No comments:

Post a Comment