Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Resolve

What was the chief of Nebuchadnezzar's court instructed to teach the Hebrew youths?
..he wanted to teach them the language and literature of the Babylonians.
They tried to indoctrinate their minds and steal their souls., God granted the young men His own knowledge and understanding in every matter. Whatever Babylon taught them, God interpreted to them. They retained a God-Centered worldview so that ultimately the world could view their God. Amazing!!

One point that really stood out to me during today's homework was that " the lifeblood of integrity is becoming the same person no matter where we are-no matter who's around. The quality or state of being complete or undivided. Calling us to live inside-out while keeping the outside from coming in.
I moved A LOT when I was growing up..every 3 1/2 years to be exact so it was very easy for me to "re-invent" myself along the way. Trading old habits for new ones along with the way I wore my clothing and the outside person that I wanted to project myself being. Wasn't too hard actually but after all those costume changes it can be hard to remember who those people "thought" you were to who you actually are.
I want to be a Daniel.
I want to resist the tidal wave of temptation to blend in and I want to live a life of integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment